I saw this over at Daisy's blog, and I grabbed it. Feel free to do likewise!
Christmas Merriment
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? – Love ‘em both.
2. Does Santa wrap the presents or just sit them under the tree? – Santa has not been to my house in a long, long time. I’ve been a bad girl. But when he did come, most things were unwrapped.
3. Lights on house / tree are colored or white? – Both.
4. Do you have mistletoe? – Just a little artificial sprig.
5. When do you put your decorations up? - It used to be the weekend after Thanksgiving. Now it is whenever I get around to it.
6. Favorite Holiday Dish (Excluding dessert)? – I just like dinner. :)
7. Favorite Christmas memory as a child? – See my earlier post here.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? – I never “learned.” I just sorta grew out of it. As long as my parents were alive, any time I spent Christmas with them, Santa brought something for me.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? – When the kids were still home we used to open a gift on Christmas eve, sometimes new jammies, sometimes they got to pick a gift.
10. How do you decorate your tree? – My tree is a mixture of things. It is one that meets my adult tastes, but I think it would appeal to children, too. I like antique-looking ornaments.
11. SNOW. Love it or dread it? – Love it!! Well unless I have company traveling or I am.
12. Can you ice skate? – I used to. I haven't been skating since my teens.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? – (1) Season tickets to Starlight Theatre in KC [from my son] (2) Season tickets to Chiefs [I gave them to my hub, but he quit going and they were mine!] (3) A beautiful full-length leather coat.
14. What is the most important thing about Christmas to you? – Spending time with friends and family.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? My Gramma’s egg tarts. I make them every year.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? – When the kids got older we filled stockings during the month between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Everyone bought fun little gifts for everyone else and dropped them in. I honestly don’t think anyone peeked, and it was much more fun than me buying everything.... especially for myself!!
17. What tops your Christmas tree? – A beautiful Father Christmas.
18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving gifts? – BOTH!!!! I like giving and seeing the pleasure. But it surely is nice to get some, too!
19. Favorite Christmas Song? – Silent Night; O Holy Night; Little Drummer Boy; I’ll Be Home for Christmas; ***I Want A Hippopotamus For Christmas*** - each holds a different special place in my heart.
20. Candy Canes, Yum or Yuck? - They're OK.
21. What do you want for Christmas? – My kids and grandkids to be here.
22. Do you attend an annual Christmas party? – No, but I’ll go to a gathering of friends or family in the drop of a hat.
23. Do you usually dress up for Christmas Eve or wear PJ's? – PJs, of course!
24. Do you own a Santa Hat? – No. I had one, but it wore out, and I haven’t replaced it.
25. Who do you normally spend Christmas with? – It is different each year since my hub died.
26. What is your favorite Christmas decoration and why? – I’m not sure I can pick a favorite, because I have so many very cool things. Perhaps my tree topper Father Christmas or my ceramic village.
This is a great meme. I might steal it myself. It was fun reading about your Christmas traditions. Makes me want to stop by on Christmas morning and share a few glasses of egg nog and hot chocolate.
ReplyDeleteXXXXXX
I wish I could share some Christmas Cheer with you Lynilu!
ReplyDeleteCheryl, I'm not a big fan of MeMes, but this is one of the occasional few I find and really enjoy. Enjoy stealing it!! Hey, any time you find yourself in New Mexico, I promise to have eggnog and/or hot chocolate ready! (Maybe iced tea in the summer?)
ReplyDeletePatti, oh, me too, kiddo!
I LOVED your answers.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Daisy, and I enjoyed yours, too. :)
ReplyDelete