- put my house back in order and clean it
- income tax finished up
- plant flowers
- take cuttings from geraniums to start
- organize my office and empty contents of a couple pieces of furniture that will be leaving my house
- make plans for moving furniture between two rooms (exchange the purpose of the rooms)
- unroll hoses and start watering outside
- move indoor plants to the deck for sunning for a few days while nights are tolerable
- clean the deck
- get hummingbird feeders filled and hung
- laundry (lots of it since the "flood" and the humidity that was in the house)
- begin getting summer clothes out (not time to wear them yet, but it takes a while to wash and exchange, and the winter things are beginning to feel too warm on most days)
- bake some banana nut bread (I have some old bananas)
- clean out the fridge, as there is food in there I couldn't get to during this mess
- mop/clean ceramic tile floors and return throw rugs
- bathe and trim 5 dogs (possibly the most physically taxing of all this list)
- box up some gifts for mailing to get them off my dining table
- break all the clocks in the house so I don't have to deal with "the big change"
Those are the big things. There are probably twice as many little things. gah. I feel totally overwhelmed and incompetent right now. So what am I doing? Sitting on my duff and blogging! Yeah, well. That's how I deal with it. Avoidance works for me. Oh, I have several rented movies to watch! Perhaps I should .... no, no, Lyn! Not until later!
The monstrous and live-saving fans and dehumidifiers all left yesterday morning. What a blessed relief it is to have my quiet home back to, well, quiet again. So nice! I was able to hang most of the clothes back in the closet last night, although I'm going to wash all of them systematically over the next week or so, to be sure no residual moisture remains that could cause mold. I still have some clothes not hung (they fell off the hangers in the process), and I'll probably begin with washing them this morning.
I was able to move most furniture back into place. A few pieces, I chose to leave "bunched," thinking it might save moving it again when the adjuster comes. Then I talked to him last night and because of the huge amounts of damage around the State during the freeze in Feb., a wildfire that destroyed and damaged many home in Silver City, and wind damage a few days ago in some places, he is behind. He will be here on the 24th. Yep, it will be that long. I was rather perturbed at first, but when I thought of the big picture, my inconvenience is relatively small. At least I have a home, one without smoke damage or a missing roof. My pipes never broke and did damage far worse than I have. So I'll move more furniture back into relative order soon. It is what it is, right?
OK, I seriously do need to get busy on this stuff. Anywon want to come spent the weekend? I'll make you work, but I'll feed ya really well, too? The sign up list follows, called "Comments"! Any takers? C'mon, you know you want to!! chuckle!
Later, all! Have a great weekend!