Yes, now I've done it! I'm not sure what "it" is, but I did it!!
This morning I was working on one of the projects, cutting a piece of pegboard to put on one of the unfinished walls of the laundry room. The pegboard was on 2 sawhorses, and as I neared the end of the cut, it began to slide off the horses. I tried to keep it from falling, and in doing so, somehow I put a strain on my right wrist. I think what happened was that when I grabbed the board it twisted and wrenched my wrist. There was a fairly loud "pop" and a sharp pain. I don't think anything is broken. Everything works, but it hurts if I try to pick up anything over a few ounces or make a motion like grasping or squeezing an object. The end of my cut across the board was crooked, too, but I believe that it will be alright.
I managed to stand the board up again on its edge and out of the way. There was no way that I could carry it down the stairs and get it nailed up, however. So I'm kinda stuck. That is my one last big project. It looks like I'm going to have to ask for help with it now. Dang. I've done so well, until now. Having this happen is a pain in the neck. I suppose it is better that it happened now rather than a week or two ago. In the past 2 weeks I been able to get so much done. Well, again, I suppose if it had to happen, now is better than before other projects were done.
I have an appointment tomorrow morning to have the wrist checked. I believe that the pop I heard was probably a tendon snapping across a bone, but in case it is worse, I need it addressed. That wrist was already irritated and weak from too much stress. And before any of you say it . . . I know, I know! I should be careful. Thing is, I was careful. I was wearing my wrist support, but the board slipped and my instinct was to try to keep it from falling. If it broke or dented, I had to go buy another one. So sue me! I was being human.
I'm finding myself very tired again. Physically, I'm aching most of the time. Emotionally, I'm spent. This was evident to me this morning when I sat down to consider my situation and found myself crying. Just slow, sad tears of numbness and frustration. I don't cry often over myself. I've been too guarded about this for too long. Now, I cry over movies, or sad stories I hear, or things not related to me, but not over my own woes. I'm feeling better now, several hours later, but it is relative, because I'm just worn out.
Right now, I'm soothing my injured emotions with chocolate. Dove, rich dark chocolate. It helps!
Here is the good news:
* Scottie came over the weekend and we got tons done! He is keeping some of the large, bulky power tools until I am ready for them since the storage unit is just about as full as we can get it. I have very little to go to storage now, and what is left are all small things, fairly easy to put in the remaining space.
* Tomorrow is the big day. My house is going to sit for portraits with the realtor. And tomorrow is the day for signing the papers for listing the house for sale.
* I have begun packing the kitchen items that I use regularly. The occasionally used ones are packed away now. By this evening, nothing will be visible, sitting out, so the house can be shown. By week's end, it will all be packed and I'll be eating out or carrying in for most meals.
* The bathroom is in the same stage. Everything I use daily is in small tubs so I can get to them, but they can be quickly moved out of sight if someone wants to see the house.
* Scottie has the yard looking awesome!
* I've begun contacting friends and scheduling lunches and dinners to say "So long." Not goodbye, because I will be back.
* I've changed my address for magazines. I've set up my change of address with the post office. I've stopped the paper, notified the phone company and the cable company of my leave date.
Wow, this is real, isn't it? I'm amazed to be at this place and time. My ticker at the top of this blog tells me I have just 11 days before I leave. Hard to believe.
I'm finished feeling sorry for me, so I need to go and do some things that I can do without my right hand. This should be interesting! Please say a prayer or two for me over the coming days. It is going well, but I worry about the unexpected. Like wrenching my right wrist!! Have a good week everyone!