I got it from Gerbera Daisy Duke, and I have to admit it was kinda interesting to read the lists. I guess I won't get her for the tag since it wasn't one that make me have to think too much!! ;-)
1. Go to Wikipedia and put in your birthday, without the year, in the search bar. (I found that at the bottom of the page is a calendar that you can just click on the date.)
2. List on your blog 3 events, 2 births, 1 death and 1 holiday that happens(ed) on your birthday.
3. Then tag 5 more friends to do it!
APRIL 14 (for sticklers like Caroline!)
- 1865 - U.S. President Abraham Lincoln is shot in Ford's Theatre by John Wilkes Booth.
- 1912 - The British ocean liner RMS Titanic strikes an iceberg in the North Atlantic on its maiden voyage at 11:40 P.M., plunging beneath the waves and taking with it over 1,500 lives at about 2:20 a.m. the following morning.
- 1935 - "Black Sunday", the worst dust storm of the Dust Bowl.
- 1935 - Babe Ruth plays his first National League game in Fenway Park in Boston, Massachusetts. In this year, he played for the Boston Braves. Also, Ruth plays 28 games, getting 13 hits and six home runs, before retiring.
- 2007 - Britain's Prince William broke up with then-girlfriend Kate Middleton whom it was widely speculated he would marry. Middleton would have eventually become Queen of England if the relationship had lasted.
- 1857 - Princess Beatrice of the United Kingdom, Youngest daughter of Queen Victoria and Prince Albert, Prince Consort (d. 1944)
- 1866 - Anne Sullivan, Helen Keller's teacher (d. 1936)
- 1925 - Rod Steiger, American actor (d. 2002)
- 1960 - Brad Garrett, American actor
- Black Day - Informal celebration day for single people in South Korea.
(My BD is a boring day for holidays and observances, but this seemed appropriate. The single thing, not that I'm Korean. Just so you know.)
OK, you all know me by now, and you know I can't stick to the rules of tags, so don't holler at me for doing more than I was supposed to!
I didn't know Prince will broke it off! Or that Don Ho died! Where've I been???
Now, I'm tagging Caroline, Dawn, Sandra, Burg, and Annie.