I was tagged by Sherry over at Sage and Thyme a few days ago. I have struggled with this off and on, in between putting up Christmas decorations and tasks for work. I finally finished it this evening, and here we go.........
And it's all about being weird!! Here are the rules.
1. Link to the person who tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 random and/or weird things about yourself.
3. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
4. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
Gee, what is weird to one person isn't to another, so it is a matter of judgment. Especially when it is someone like me who is so mainstream normal. BWAA HA HA HA HA!!!
1. I don't like snakes. I know ... that's not really weird, 'cause lotsa people don't. But I am so bad that I don't like worms either. I detest handling worms! I can't go fishing unless I am using non-live bait. It started when I was about ten and almost picked up a snake, thinking it was a stick. So completely freaked that my gramma had to kill it to shut me up, and it was just a harmless bull snake. In my teens a boyfriend was helping my mom and me plant a garden. He dropped an earthworm on my bare shoulder, and I completely lost it, shrieking and shaking. If I see a picture of a snake in a book or magazine, I shut the pages ASAP. Anything that is shaped like a snake, long and skinny, and that wiggles ... not my friend.
2. I will do just about anything that strikes me at any moment. I don't usually act first and think later, but there are times ...... I have been known to break into song, "We're Off to See The Wizard," and skip through Disneyworld, following the yellow brick world, skipping just like Dorothy and her buddies did. If I can physically manage to do whatever, I probably will. And yes, I sometimes later do an inward groan, while thinking, "Oh lawd, who saw me do that???" Does it stop me next time? HA!
3. I like to sit in places like airports or malls and people watch. Again, yes, I know that many people like to do this, but I like to develop stories about them. I have life long histories about people I don't know. I especially like to watch people who are waiting for someone arriving on a flight. I conjure up images of the person they are awaiting. And I'm usually wrong!
4. Most of my life I've been afraid of the dark. A childhood incident scared the pee-waddlin' out of me, and I have carried the fear with me. I've done battle with the fear, forcing myself to go out for certain things, but it is never without my heart in my throat. I worried a little bit about how I would manage to live alone and in this remote setting. But know what? It doesn't bother me here nearly as much as it did in the city! I suppose it might be that I've been afraid of the city and what it holds rather than the dark. Well! Isn't that weird?
5. When I clean house I am glad I live alone. I wouldn't want anyone to witness what goes on. No, I wear clothes, that's not it. But I put the radio on the oldies station and dance around the house while I clean! The dogs look at me as if I've lost my mind, although you'd think they'd be used to it by now. Mai Lin used to get into the spirit with me! she would bounce and run in circles around me, giving out little barks and just having as much fun as I do! Boy, I miss her.
6. I still like watching kids movies. I can't blame it on having grandkids around to "force" me to watch them. Nah. It's just me. Give me "Shrek" or "Cars" or a good animated Disney movie any day. I actually enjoy them, and I'll certainly choose that over most of today's fare. Does that mean I have arrested development? Probably. LOL!
7. On the other hand, I absolutely hate horror movies. Movies with blood and gore just gross me out. I don't like being scared. Never have, never will. If there is a plot to a movie, I might tolerate it, but most fright movies are just fright, not plot. And people who jump out and frighten others are spineless to enjoy watching another human being go pale, break into a sweat, whatever. I don't usually stay friends with those who do that.
Now, if these aren't weird enough for you, let me know and I'll put you in touch with my kids who can tell you the real stuff! HA! No way!! They might actually tell you the truth about me!! Nope, nope nope!!!
Now I'm supposed to tag seven people, but you all know I'm bad at this game. So I'm going to leave it up to you ... if you want to admit how weird you are, go for it! Let me know here by leaving a comment, and we will all go your your blog and giggle!!!