I'm TWO years old!!!!!!
Yep, today is my blogoversary. Two years ago, Caroline convinced me to begin a blog, and against my better judgment, I tried it. And .... as the saying goes .... the rest is history. It is hard for me to believe that I am beginning my THIRD YEAR of blogging!
So much has happened in my life during this period of time. I was in Kansas City, working my butt off, trying to get my home of 30 years ready to put on the market. I was alone except for my three dogs. My husband has died about six months earlier, and I felt angry and deserted in the house refurbishing. I think Caroline knew a blog would be a good outlet for my emotions and would help me to feel connected with the world outside my house. It was a good thing. I think having the blog did a lot of good, even more than the above. Thanks, my dear friend!
Since that day ....
- I finished, with the help of some dear family member and friends from time to time, getting the house ready, on the market and sold
- I moved to New Mexico, staying with my stepson for about 5 months until I found my home
- I held my sweet Mai Lin, the first Shih Tzu in our family, as she left this world to run over the Rainbow Bridge
- I bought a house ... by myself, scary!!
- The house in KC sold about the same time I was moving into this one
- I bought a truck with just myself as an adviser
- I repainted the interior of this place, had carpet and tile laid
- I made decisions about new appliances, a filter system for the well, refinishing the driveway by myself, and even though I sometimes trembled inside, I made those decisions, and more, for my future
- I moved my belongings from KC to NM
- I sorted through the stuff I moved here, downsizing from 2700 sq. ft. to 1300 sq. ft., then had a garage sale to make it manageable
- I hosted my friend who was moving to this area for six months while she found a job and house
- I found a part-time job (even thought I wasn't looking) and began meeting people in the community
- In the new job, I've learned , in a baptism by fire, two new professions, the world of art and public relations
- I became a contributing writer and photographer to the local newspaper
- I joined a book club and became involved in community activities and groups
- I've made several road trips, one which took me to Georgia and South Carolina, where I met Dawn and Patti
- I joined clubs and organizations to fill my time and meet new friends (and a couple enemies, too!! LOL!)
- I've met lots of people and made new friends, IRL and online, too
- I've become an activist for the ecology and the green, clean future of my state
- I'm becoming a political activist to a degree, mostly as I learn that some politicians/parties are idiots that don't care about the future of our planet, what our children will inherit, and the quality of lives other than their own
- I've learned that it's OK to be a woman alone, on my own, strong enough to hold my place in the pecking order, and soft enough to still cry when it hurts
- I'm more comfortable in my own skin than I've ever been
- I'm seeing my life in different eyes these days; not good, not bad, just different from anything in my past
- I am proud of where I've been, what I've done, even the mistakes because of what I've learned
- I'm in a new place in my life, one that is giving me a more clear vision of the future, thanks to the experiences of the past
- And I LOVE BLOGGING!!!
Life is beautiful!!!!
PS - I just found out that at www.blogoversary.com there is a list of everyone who has one on this day! Is that cool or what? I'm gonna go send good wishes to them all! Cool!