My trip to Lubbock is canceled, due to the letter W.
Well & Weather.
First, the weather. This photo was taken several hours ago. It has dropped a lot more snow since then. Now, let me be honest, there still isn't a lot out there, probably about 2-3 inches as I write this, but enough to make me question the wisdom of trying to leave out of here tomorrow morning. I mean, if you don't have to take a risk, who do it? And it is still snowing, hard.
The significance of this picture is that the farthest trees you can see are just across the road from me, probably 30 yards. That snow is blocking the view with gusto today.
And the well. The photo is the well doctor in the process of pulling one of the 20 foot long sections of the pipe out of the well. He had to pull all 12 or 13 of these out because the pump in on the last one, of course. I'm glad it is done. I have water again. The problem is that I had laundry to do, and while I've almost got that done along with the rest of the cleaning before leaving the house, I'm just wondering if it is a good idea to rush around under these circumstances.
So I've talked with the house/puppy sitter and my nephew, and it works for everyone for me to postpone my trip till next week. The weather in a week will be between 55-65°. Much better for traveling.
While the well doctor was operating on the well today, I kept the dogs inside so they wouldn't bark at him and drive us both crazy. Lola and Sammy spent most of the time right here ........
just watching him work. They had a real bird's eye view from that window, as they could see every move the guy made. Of course, as soon as I picked up the camera, Lola ran to see what I was doing, and Sammy turned around and watched me. Silly dogs.
So, I'll be around for a few more days. Live with it. :)