I was up too late last night. My sister took forever to get packed. In her defense, we washed everything she had worn, so it was a matter of getting everything dry before she could pack. But she packed for about 4 hours!! I wanted to get the car packed last night, except for the morning needs, making it quick to get away this morning. Anyway, she finally was packed about 10:00 last night, and only then could I get into the bedroom to pack myself. It was late when I finished, so I just waited till this AM to load the car. Then I got up very early, 5:30, to get dressed and get the car packed, so my sleep was just under 6 hours. gah.
On the road, it seemed that we had obstacle after obstacle.
- Road repairs delayed us about 30 minutes.
- The GPS took us on a wild trip on a road that was narrow, winding, and clinging to a mountain side! the speed limit was 25-35 for about 15 scary miles! (I met a truck as big as mine, and I swear our mirrors nearly touched as we crept past each other!)
- I was late getting to Walsenberg where I was meeting Cathy, but we had a wonderful visit once I was there.
- The GPS wanted to take me on a second crazy route, so I nixed it. Then I called my SIL for a cross street, and she gave me directions. they were different than she gave me a couple days ago, taking me through Colorado Spring and Denver, not bypassing as she directed me before.
- There was a wreck on the Interstate in Colorado Springs, and we were delayed yet another almost 1.5 hours!