These are random musings of my life journey, the people, animals, places, and events which have woven, and continue to weave, a tapestry that is me. We all know there is no real destination, only the ongoing experiences which blend together, creating the trail. Each step gives a glimpse of what is to come, without allowing me to see the end result. It is exciting. I have a home base that is mine, that gives me a place to rest. This is it. This is where my heart is, no matter where I journey...................

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Icky sicky.

Perhaps I should have expected this. A few days ago when I was writing (whining?) about being chilled, I wonder if I might have thought ahead a bit.

I felt fine until Wednesday evening. When I got home from a day of work and an after-work meeting with my friends, I noticed my nose was tingling. Before I went to bed, I was obviously in the first stage of a cold, and when I woke Thursday morning, I was really sick. Chains of massive sneezes, nose running like a faucet, headache, feeling feverish although I was running no fever. Just all out miserable.

I called the office and said I was staying home. At that time I thought I might go by and pick up some paperwork to do at home, but I was just too sick. I made it to the pharmacy for a few things, but then just came home and collapsed.

I got out the humidifier and after it ran a couple hours, I noticed a difference. But yesterday morning, I was still sick. All those things I listed in the earlier paragraph were still going on. I felt fortunate, however, because it wasn't turning into bronchitis. That's what I have to combat every time I get a cold. If it gets to my lungs, I'm really in trouble. So I stayed in bed, except to feed the dogs or fix myself something to eat or drink. I slammed fluids down, trying to wash it out of my body, so much that I was in the bathroom every few minutes.

I've gone through four boxes of tissues! In just two days, mind you! Now I'm forced to use toilet paper for my tender nose until I can get out to the store for more tissues. I'm taking my meds and doing several home remedies, too. I started the antibiotic my doctor gave me to keep on hand in case one of these bouts started over a weekend or when I'm out of town, to ward off the bronchial involvement. It seems it happens when he isn't in the office, so this was our proactive approach. By last night I was feeling better, and I had hopes that today and tomorrow I'd be able to rest and regain strength.

And then I woke this morning.

Now I have bronchitis. Third time in ten months. gah.  I'm almost afraid to say much, but even though I have bronchitis, it doesn't seem to be as bad as usual. Let's hope it stays this way.

And you thought I was whining on Monday!  HA!!!


  1. I hope you feel better soon! Sounds like it was a very good proactive plan to have antibiotics on hand just in case!

  2. Oh, shoot. Hope you feel better soon.

  3. Thank you, Georgia. I hope so, too. Being sick is not fun.

  4. I used to get bronchitis at least twice every winter when I was a kid. I haven't had it for years, but remember ther body racking coughing.

    Hope you get better soon.

    1. My ribs ache so bad right now, and I began coughing just this morning!

  5. Oh. I am sorry that you haven't been feeling well. I hope you get better soon!!!

  6. My husband also gets Bronchitis at the drop of a hat. He was a heavy smoker for years and has COPD. He's quit now for over two years but the effects still linger on. We have our own Neubulizer at home at the medicine to go with it. That helps him a lot. But his COPD is pretty bad.
    I do hope you get to feeling better soon Lyn. It sounds like you are doing all of the right things. I know all to well how horrible this makes you feel, I've had it once really bad, I was actually hallucinating! Though I had to get up at three in the morning to make lunch for the kids to take to school! Jake told me to go back to sleep, LOL!!! Take care my friend, REST, REST,REST!!! Love Di ♥

    1. I smoked only lightly for about 12 years and quit over 30 years ago, and the doctor says he doesn't think I did much damage. But who knows. Both my husbands were smokers. It certainly contributed to Glenn's death (COPD, emphysema and cancer) and is a huge burden for T, who now survives with a double supply of oxygen from two tanks. I'm hopeful that bronchitis is the only thing my lungs have to put up with.

      I've hallucinated with it, too! I'm pretty sure I was running a fever, and add that to lack of sufficient oxygen during a bout of bronchitis, a person gets right down goofy! Luckily, nothing like that now.

      I am resting. I'm going to work today, but if it is too much for me, I'll be right back home. I've had no fever, and I've rested a lot, so other than the cough, I feel ready to try it. We'll see. ♥


If you have something to say about it, just stick out your thumb, and I'll slow down so you can hop aboard! But hang on, 'cause I'm movin' on down the road!!! No time to waste!!!